It happens to the best of us. It is no fun and could hurt your rates. It is a traffic citation. Most people, at some point in our lives, will end up getting a traffic ticket of some sort. Depending on the type of citation you receive and depending on the state that you live in, you may be able to get the point(s) removed from your driving record.
If you have never gotten a ticket before you may not thing it is a big deal, and in reality it is not a huge deal. However, something to consider is that insurance companies are allowed to increase your rates if you receive a citation of any kind. And if you drive for a living, your employer could terminate your job if you rack up too many points on your driving record.
So, with all that being said, if you fit the criteria set by your state, you may be eligible to take a traffic school course and get those points removed from your record. If you decide that is what you would like to do, you have two options. You can take the required class online or in a classroom. Both are workable options, but depending on your personality and schedule one option might be more appealing than the other.
Online Traffic School
- You can access your class anywhere you are able to connect with WiFi.
- You can work at your own pace.
- You can work on the class for 10 minutes or for 2 hours.
- You are able to access the course day or night.
- You can sit in your living room, in your pajamas and work on your class.
- The course picks up right where you left off.
- You can sip coffee (or any other drink) at the local coffee shop and work on the course
- You have an instructor who helps navigate you through the material.
- You have to be at the location of the course on a certain day and at a certain time.
- There will be other people taking the class right along with you, so you could collaborate with other classmates.
- This type of setting demands that you get the work required, done by a certain day and time.
Either option can work for you. You just have to decide if you are the type of person who needs more structure and accountability. Or if you are the type of person whose schedule is so crazy busy that getting to a class at the same time, every week might be too hard. The online version allows you to work when you have time and at the pace that best suits you. However, the classroom version is great for the person who must have the “pressure” of going to class.
Getting a traffic citation is no fun and could hike up your insurance rates. A good option, if your state allows it, and you fit the criteria, is to take a Traffic School Course, via online or in a classroom to get those points removed from your driving record.